Friday, November 2, 2007

Found Before Lost (W2:D2)

Justin Tolley, who is serving as the production coordinator, is on his way to Hawaii after FIREPROOF wraps up shooting in December. A friend works on the set of the TV show Lost and he encouraged Justin to head out to Paradise to work with him. While his wife and most of his belongings are already in Hawaii, Justin will be in Albany, Georgia for a while longer.

Justin teamed up with the Sherwood team through David Nixon, who is back as assistant director on FIREPROOF. A former electrician, Justin began working with David Nixon Productions after graduating from film school.

“Dave hired me as a production coordinator and I overheard him talking about this film,” Justin says. “I told him I’d come here for free. This is my first feature film. I just want to learn more and more about the industry.

“I hope to open my own studio with my brother some day. It’s fun watching Alex and Stephen Kendrick—my brother and I do the same thing with movies. I’ve learned a lot about trusting God and waiting on Him.”

Justin Tolley (left) and Stephen Kendrick get caught up on communication during a break on the FIREPROOF set.